Mirena Side Effects
What is Mirena?
The drug label on the Mirena IUD states that using the device might cause the following side effect:
- Diagnosis of PTC (Pseudotumor cerebri): Pseudotumor cerebri occurs when the pressure inside your skull (intracranial pressure) increases for no obvious reason.
Pseudotumor cerebri signs and symptoms may include:
- Moderate to severe headaches that may originate behind your eyes and worsen with eye movement
- Ringing in the ears that pulses in time with your heartbeat (pulsatile tinnitus)
- Nausea, vomiting or dizziness
Blurred or dimmed vision
- Brief episodes of blindness, lasting only a few seconds and affecting one or both eyes (visual obscurations)
- Difficulty seeing to the side
- Double vision (diplopia)
Seeing light flashes (photopsia)
- Neck, shoulder or back pain