W. Lee Gresham, III
“In addition to my role as an advocate on my clients’ behalf, I feel I have a duty and a responsibility to give my clients wise counsel and practical advice.”
Lee Gresham is a native Alabamian who has the rare distinction of having graduated from both of the state’s largest universities. He graduated from Auburn University with a degree in English, and he earned his law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law. Since graduating from law school, Lee has devoted the last 30 years to representing individuals and businesses in complex injury, product liability, toxic exposure and commercial disputes. Lee has represented numerous individuals who have developed serious injuries or who have died as a result of exposure to asbestos and other toxic substances, and he has also represented hundreds of individuals who have been injured as a result of medical negligence or from taking dangerously defective pharmaceutical drugs. Lee also regularly represents individuals and companies in complex cases involving securities fraud, breach of contract, shareholder claims, business interference, intellectual property, and other types of commercial disputes.
In addition to his work as a “trial lawyer,” Lee has served as corporate counsel for two national companies and one international company, and he has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a successful national retail company. He has earned an “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the premier rating publication for lawyers, which means that he has been recognized by his fellow lawyers for achieving “the height of professional excellence” and for exhibiting “the highest levels of skill and integrity.” Lee takes a personal interest in his clients and their needs, and he believes that getting to know his clients is critical to his role as an advocate and as a counselor.
When he is not practicing law, Lee loves to spend time with his family, play golf, exercise, read novels, and watch football, basketball, and golf. Lee is a member of Mountain Brook Community Church, where he regularly teaches “Community Groups”. Lee and his wife, Barclay, have been married for 24 years, and they have a daughter, Brooke, who is a sophomore in college, a son, Dru, who is a sophomore in high school, a Havanese dog, and two cats.
W. Lee Gresham, III
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Alabama (J.D., 1988)
- Dean’s Advisory Committee
- Food and Drug Law Book Award
- Auburn University (B.A., English 1985)
- Squires Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Alabama State Bar (Environmental Law Section)
- Birmingham Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) (Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts)
- Sustaining Member of the Alabama Association for Justice (ALAJ)
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- Member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States
- DaimlerChrysler Corp. v. Ferrante, 637 S.E.2d 659 (Ga. 2006)
- Carter v. Innisfree Hotel, Inc., 661 So.2d 1174 (Ala. 1995)