Timothy C. Davis
“I became an attorney because of the awesome responsibilities that come with the job – – to provide counsel to individuals facing challenging circumstances, and to be their advocate before those charged with dispensing justice.”
Tim has been a courtroom lawyer for his entire legal career. Having begun his career with one of the leading litigation firms in the Southeast, Tim stepped immediately from the classroom to the courtroom. He was soon representing individuals in tort actions against major corporations and, by 31 years of age, had been lead counsel in Robins vs. National Security Insurance Company and Williams vs. Arrow International, Inc., cases resulting in seven figure verdicts for his clients.
He was soon thereafter appointed by the US District Court to the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee representing hemophilia patients who had received HIV-contaminated blood products. The case resulted in a $640,000,000 settlement with several pharmaceutical companies.
Tim’s legal practice has broadened dramatically from his initial focus on individual personal injury cases. Along the way, his practice has included representing entire communities harmed by toxic waste. Today, a substantial portion of his practice is in the area of business litigation and in protecting the rights of intellectual property owners.
Tim is a 1981 graduate of Florida State University with a degree in Business Administration. He is a 1984 graduate of Cumberland School of Law. He currently serves as the firm’s managing partner. Tim has authored numerous articles and has been a frequent speaker at continuing legal education seminars.
He and his wife, Julia, enjoy family time with their two married children and new grandchild.
Timothy C. Davis
- Alabama, 1984
- Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court, 1985
- Northern District of Alabama 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1984)
- Furman University
- Florida State University (B.S., 1981)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- The Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Member: Board of Governors, 1987-1988
- Executive Committee, 1988-2004
- Associate Editor, Alabama Trial Lawyers Journal, 1991
- North Central Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- President, 1990
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Contributing Author, Recent Trends in Patent Infringement Lawsuits, Aspatore Books, 2016 Edition
- 2016 AAJ Annual Convention: "Patent Law Update - - New Challenges for the Plaintiff"
- 2013 AAJ Winter Convention: "Patent Infringement - - The Other PI"
- "Distinguishing and Proving Wantonness in Alabama," Alabama Trial Lawyers Journal, Summer, 1988; "Recent Civil Decisions," Birmingham Bar Bulletin, 1986-1997 "Preparation of the Construction Accident Case," ATLA Journal, 1991.
- HGD Participates in AHiF’s Brain Freeze Challenge to Help Bring Awareness to Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Tim Davis named to the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Heninger Garrison Davis selected as one of the Top Law Firms in Intellectual Property
- Nine HGD attorneys selected to the 2015 Alabama Super Lawyers & Rising Stars List