J. Callen Sparrow
Callen Sparrow’s areas of practice include personal injury law, wrongful death, product liability, general litigation, and insurance fraud. Before becoming a plaintiff’s attorney, he began his legal career in the Attorney General’s office for two years as Assistant Attorney General in Montgomery, Alabama. Callen chose to represent the plaintiff in personal injury cases because he believes it gives a lawyer the opportunity to shepherd an individual through our judicial system, and make sure that person gets the best possible representation along the way. A successful outcome can be life changing for the client in securing their future and providing compensation for injuries suffered. To him, this profession offers nothing more satisfying.
Callen is a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, and has served on its Board of Governors. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the American Bar Association, as well as the Alabama State Bar and Birmingham Bar Association.
J. Callen Sparrow
- Alabama, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1983)
- Hampden Sydney College (B.A., 1980)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee
- Young Lawyers Section, 1990-1993
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, 1988-2001
- American Association for Justice
- Target Media Partners Operating Co., LLC v. Specialty Mktg. Corp., 177 So. 3d 843 (Ala.2013).
- Ex parte Nail, 111 So. #d 125 (Ala. 2012).
- Montgomery v. United States, 2008 U.S. List., LEXIS 48232 (ALA. 2008) WL 2559398.
- Ex parte Norwood Hodges Motor Co., 680 So. 2d 245 (Ala. 1996).
- McAbee v. Richey, 585 So. 2d 788 (Ala. 1991).
- Hood v. Murray, 547 So. 2d 75 (Ala. 1989).
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- "Litigating Alabama Slip and Fall Claims: Avoiding Legal Missteps," M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC, June 2014.
- "Voir Dire: Tips and Techniques for Starting the Trial on the Right Path," M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC, March 2014.
- "Handling Medical Negligence Slaims," National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June 2008.
- "The Federal Tort Claim Act: A Primer," Birmingham Bar Association, Birmingham, AL, Sept. 2008.
- "How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Alabama," National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June, 2005.
- "Trying the Wrongful dEath Case in Alabama: Strategies in Preparation and Valuation," National business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June 2002.
- "Trying the Automobile Injury Case in Alabama," National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, 2001.