J. Callen Sparrow
Callen is a member of the Alabama Association for Justice, and has served on its Board of Governors. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the American Bar Association, as well as the Alabama State Bar and Birmingham Bar Association.
- Alabama, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University (J.D., 1983)
- Hampden Sydney College (B.A., 1980)
Professional memberships and affiliations
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee
- Young Lawyers Section, 1990-1993
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, 1988-2001
- American Association for Justice
- Target Media Partners Operating Co., LLC v. Specialty Mktg. Corp., 177 So. 3d 843 (Ala.2013).
- Ex parte Nail, 111 So. #d 125 (Ala. 2012).
- Montgomery v. United States, 2008 U.S. List., LEXIS 48232 (ALA. 2008) WL 2559398.
- Ex parte Norwood Hodges Motor Co., 680 So. 2d 245 (Ala. 1996).
- McAbee v. Richey, 585 So. 2d 788 (Ala. 1991).
- Hood v. Murray, 547 So. 2d 75 (Ala. 1989).
Recent publications and presentations
- “Litigating Alabama Slip and Fall Claims: Avoiding Legal Missteps,” M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC, June 2014.
- “Voir Dire: Tips and Techniques for Starting the Trial on the Right Path,” M. Lee Smith Publishers, LLC, March 2014.
- “Handling Medical Negligence Slaims,” National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June 2008.
- “The Federal Tort Claim Act: A Primer,” Birmingham Bar Association, Birmingham, AL, Sept. 2008.
- “How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Alabama,” National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June, 2005.
- “Trying the Wrongful Death Case in Alabama: Strategies in Preparation and Valuation,” National business Institute, Birmingham, AL, June 2002.
- “Trying the Automobile Injury Case in Alabama,” National Business Institute, Birmingham, AL, 2001.