HGD Hosts Parker High School Students for Career Day
As part of our ongoing community partnership with Birmingham Education Foundation, HGD hosted around 40 10th and 11th grade students from Parker High School for an interactive career day. After being welcomed by partner Erik Heninger, the students got to serve as jurors for a special mock trial put on by HGD attorneys and staff in the Stephen D. Heninger Moot Court Room. After the trial and jury instructions, the students were divided into four groups of jurors and sent into private conference rooms to deliberate on a verdict. After much heated discussion and debate, all of the juries came back with a verdict in favor of the plaintiff.
Special thanks to Birmingham Education Foundation, Parker High School staff, and GEAR Up Birmingham for creating the opportunity for our firm to meet and interact with students who will be the future leaders of our community and world.
HGD’s Mock Trial players:
- Chris Hood – The Honorable Chris Hood
- Lori Prince – The plaintiff
- Brian Stack – The defendant
- Anna Carroll and Jeanie Sleadd – Plaintiff’s attorneys
- Taylor Bartlett and Honza Prchal – Defendant’s attorneys
- Mark Ekonen – Witness
- Lisa Williams – Witness
- Tim Lawson – Witness
- Ken Henry – Bailiff
- Luke Huffstutler – Media director
- Tzena Gauldin – Narrator/Moderator
- Cheryl Thomas – Photographer