W. Lee Gresham, III
“In addition to my role as an advocate on my clients’ behalf, I feel I have a duty and a responsibility to give my clients wise counsel and practical advice.”
Lee Gresham has devoted his law practice to representing individuals and companies in complex product liability, toxic exposure and commercial cases. Much of his work has been devoted to representing individuals who have developed serious injuries or who have died as a result of exposure to asbestos and other toxic substances, and he also represents hundreds of individuals who have been injured as a result of taking dangerously defective pharmaceutical products. Lee also regularly represents individuals and companies in cases involving securities fraud, breach of contract, shareholder claims and other types of business disputes.
In addition to his work as a “trial lawyer”, Lee has served as corporate counsel for two national companies and one international company, and he served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a highly successful retail company. He has earned an “AV” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which means that he has been recognized by other lawyers for achieving “the height of professional excellence” and for exhibiting “the highest levels of skill and integrity.” Lee is also a member of Lawyers of Distinction for Civil Litigation, which includes the top 10% of lawyers nationwide, and he has been awarded the Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Lee takes a personal interest in the needs of his clients, and he believes that getting to know his clients is critical to his role as an advocate and as a counselor. When he is not practicing law, Lee loves to spend time with his family, play golf, exercise, read spy novels, and teach “Sunday School” at his church. Lee and his wife, Barclay, have been married for 21 years and have two teenagers, a Havanese dog, and two cats.
W. Lee Gresham, III
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- University of Alabama (J.D., 1988)
- Dean’s Advisory Committee
- Food and Drug Law Book Award
- Auburn University (B.A., English 1985)
- Squires Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Alabama State Bar (Environmental Law Section)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) (Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts)
- Sustaining Member of the Alabama Association for Justice (ALAJ)
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- DaimlerChrysler Corp. v. Ferrante, 637 S.E.2d 659 (Ga. 2006)
- Carter v. Innisfree Hotel, Inc., 661 So.2d 1174 (Ala. 1995)